2016-01-07

Unreserved Love / He gives it all

(lyrics & links) Good songs often have different versions.
This was a theme song from a very moving Christian love movie
 based on a story in Hong Kong of
 a female doctor who sacrifice herself during the SARS plague. 


Originally it was in Cantonese. Then there are two versions of English lyrics

Here below I include all three versions.


An Unreserved Love -- English versions 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_c6AuZaAII

I've always been told love won’t endure  Nowhere can one find love long and true  The world just thinks love comes and passes through  “Don’t make promise” is the rule...   [But I still believe love can last long    Your unfailing love has made me strong    You are the one I can depend upon    Come what may, you’ll love me all along!    Who died on the cross and took away my curse?    Great is your love, I don’t think I should deserve    Your bleeding hands proved your love unreserved    You’re my only joy and treasure on the earth...    Giving everything to you is all I pray    Use my life to serve you truly every day    I’ll hold your hands and give you all my praise    Let the whole world know your love and grace! ] x 2  Who died on the cross and took away my curse?  Great is your love, I don’t think I should deserve  Your bleeding hands proved your love unreserved  You’re my only joy and treasure on the earth...  Giving everything to you is all I pray  Use my life to serve you truly every day  [I’ll hold your hands and give you all my praise   Let the whole world know your love and grace!] X 2


B) An Unreserved Love

-- English version 1 , together with Traditional Chinese 

 (sung in Cantonese the language of Hong Kong people)
 常聽說世界愛沒長久
I’ve heard that love comes and goes
 那裡會有愛無盡頭
No such thing as endless love
塵俗的愛只在乎曾擁有
They say hold on just for a while
一刻燦爛便要走
Soon it too will fade away
而我卻確信愛是恆久
But I believe love is here to stay
碰到了祢已無別求
To have You is to have it all
無從解釋不可說明的愛
Even though I don’t fully understand
千秋過後仍長存不朽
Thousand years is just a start
誰人受痛苦被懸掛在木頭
Who suffered and died on the cross?
至高的愛盡見於刺穿的手
I see the highest love in His pierced hands
 看 血在流反映愛沒保留
He shed His blood and He gave it all
持續不死的愛到萬世不休
This is true love that lasts thru eternity
惟求奉上生命全歸主所有
I pledge my life and my all to You
要將一切盡獻於我主的手
Everything is Yours just take it Lord!
我已決定今生再沒所求
I’ve decided I have no want
惟望得主稱讚已足夠
To be loved by You is enough.


愛是不保留
(曲&詞:盧永亨 composer & lyrics: Mr. W.H.Lo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzbrlzut8-Y This version is first singers Ms C.M. Lam. The MV is a mix of original movie clips with new MV elements.
( Cantonese pronunciation) 常聽說世界愛沒長久  sheung ting suit saei guy oi mood cheung gau 哪裡會有愛無盡頭 naa nui wui yau oi mo jeung tau
塵俗的愛只在乎曾擁有  tsaen jok dig oi ji joi fu tsang yung yau
一刻燦爛便要走 yat hak chaan laan bin yiu jau
而我卻確信愛是恆久  yi ngo kurk kok shun oi si hung gau

碰到了祢已無別求 pong dou liu nei yi mo bid kau
無從解釋  mo chung gai sic

不可說明的愛  but hall suit ming dig oi
千秋過後仍長存不朽 chin chau guo hau ying cheung chuun but nau
誰能受痛苦 
sui nang sau tong fu

被懸掛在木頭  bei yuen gwa joi mok tau
至高的愛  ji go dig oi
盡見於刺穿的手
jeung gin yu chi chuen dig sau

看!血在流  hon huet joi lau 反映愛沒保留  faan ying oi mood bo lau
持續不死的愛 到萬世不休 chi jok but sei dig oi dou maan sai but yau.

惟求奉上生命全歸主所有  wai kaau fung sheung sang ming chuen gwai juu saw yau.
要將一切盡獻於我主的手 yiu jeung yat chai jeung hin yu ngo juu dig sau
我已決定今生再沒所求  ngo/ngall yi kuet ding gum sang joi mood saw kau 惟望得主稱讚已足夠
wai mong duc juu tsing tsaan yi jok gau.


pronunciation note: clarify: J as in joy. ng starting sound is just nasal. ending T/D/K not sounded but indicate the stop of air outflow, ch / ts / j / dz sounds similar, slightly different.
Why I include the Cantonese pronunciation guide here?
A-- for Cantonese learners
B-- communist PRC has been culturally cleansing & population cleansing Hong Kong.
The harsh environment in HK have made birth rate of real local HK people the least in the world for almost two decades. Please pray that the culture and the language can be inherited and passed on forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment

( feedback welcomed )