2018-03-11

chocolate muffin steamed eggFree butterFree in cupcake cases

Looking for a way to reduce fat (butter,oil) & avoid egg.
My recipe below.

I modified the recipe of a Belgium chocolate muffin mix...
Instead of baking, I use steaming.
I do without butter or oil.
Instead of egg, or even VeganEgg ,
I used pre-soaked chia seeds.

Didn't use a cupcake tray.
I do not mind the appearance as I am eating them all.

Recipe:
INGREDIENTS:

Muffin Mix
(Belgian Chocolate) 
 half a bag. 200gPaul Hollywood 
Chia seeds
(soaked with water)
1 teaspoonany,
I use organic ones
Yeast1 tablespoonany decent  ones
Demerara Sugar1 teaspoon or better
Warm watermore than normal recipe -
Butter or oilnil -
Eggnil -



Containers
Option A:
To make a larger piece:
use a larger china/
porcelain / stoneware

Option B:
To make smaller pieces:
use cupcake cases
on baking trays
& alike.
I use a steamer over a saucepan.
I chose a bamboo steamer.

Electric metal ones /glass ones will also do.


METHOD:
1- Add yeast & sugar to water. Mix & wait for 10-15 minutes.
2- Add the above to the muffin mix. Mix.
3- Add the soaked chia seeds to the mix above. Mix.
4- I boiled water in a saucepan, put the steamer (& the stuff in it) on top.
Then steamed them for 20 minutes.

NOTE 1:
because the chia seeds and this muffin mix is very thirsty,
I use more water. More than half of the measurement of the flour.
NOTE 2:
Though the muffin mix already have raising agents
 of  Disodium Diphosphate & Sodium Bicarbonate,
because I do not use egg,
I added yeast to make sure it really get fluffy and soft.

This recipe is vegetarian.
No egg used. No butter used.
No artificial colour. 

The muffin mix has a tiny amount of s
kimmed milk powder for the chocolate.

Seen on the pack of the muffin mix, their ingredients:

Wheat Flour (with added Calcium, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), 
- Sugar,
- Chocolate Powder made with Belgian Chocolate (13%)
  (Cocoa Mass, Skimmed 
Milk Powder, Sugar,
   Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder, Emulsifier(
Soya Lecithin), Flavouring),
- Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder,
- Raising Agents (Disodium Diphosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate)





No comments:

Post a Comment

( feedback welcomed )