2017-11-13

Trip London 201711A

I fancied a day out in London.
(This is part A of what happened.)
I chose a lazy way: join a coach tour; day-return trip.

Slightly rainy.
Got on the coach by 08:30.
Lucky that someone did not turn up so I can just put my handbag on the seat next to me.

map


Midway break for 15 minutes en route stopping by a supermarket in Tunbridge Well.


That is a church in Tunbridge Well.
As it rained, taking picture through the coach window did not work out this time.

(about 20 photos on this page, might take a little while loading)

Rain stopped while in London. 
So a few photo through the coach window glass. 

 London Eye. The coach drive said it has 32 pods/capsules.

 You know who is that?
Ha, I am not talking about the policemen on beats... on bikes?
 Yeah! Sir W.Churchill. (statue) Two time prime-minister of Great Britain.

 er.... what's the name of it.


Horses on road. They were preparing for some ceremony I think.


Familiar?  Admiralty Arch.  The old Roman numbers said 1910.
(commissioned by King Edward VII in memory of his mother, Queen Victoria)(the financial status of the British government might have something to do with selling it to a private property developer to make it into hotel, apartments and private club.)


Since 1993 my days as a art and design student,
I like figures with wings.
Eros on the top of the fountain at Piccadilly Circus included.
I have not taken photo from this angle though.

The coach dropped off on Haymarket before noon. 
So I went to eat something in Japan Centre on Panton Street.

food I bought inside Japan Centre

2 pieces of tempura, 1 stick of tofu,
For tempura I chose sweet potato and pumpkin. 
and..

1 steamed soft bun with sweet red bean paste.  

There are many many sushi and sashimi and desserts inside Japan Centre.


After eating,
 I walked towards Leicester Sqaure,
 via the back side of the Sainsbury Wing of the National Gallery.


I strolled around the temporary Christmas market in Leicester Square. 
Interesting. 
( panorama view x 2 )


They put Christmas lights on the tree in Leicester Square.

 A stall selling chocolate-coated snacks.
 Stalls selling seasonal decorations.
 I like the stainless steel rotating decoration. But so expensive.

 Personally I am not attracted to wood bark craft items/decorations.
 Cute light decorations.

Hm... roast chestnuts are attractive.
But only if they change their uniforms and show the price tag properly.
Do they know their black pointed hats reminded people of witches?


As it is cold, I went inside National Gallery. 

(the photos and details in part B, part C, ...  next few blog entries)

http://sn-uk.blogspot.com/2017/11/trip-london-201711-b.html

http://sn-uk.blogspot.com/2017/11/trip-london-201711-c-national-gallery.html

http://sn-uk.blogspot.com/2017/11/trip-london-201711-d.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

( feedback welcomed )