2018-09-05

protein snack cocoa chia nut seeds vegetarian

Neat adaptation of cocoa protein balls.
No baking required.

I built upon a pack by Sarah Wilson.
Faster & easier.

I replaced the dessicated coconut coating with something else ...and not in ball form.

Instead of rice malt syrup,
I used unrefined cane sugar.
 I added other ingredients.
  
 


A few were not in the photo though.
What did I used?

A pack of no sugar no oil protein ball mix pack.

1, Instead of coconut oil,
I used coconut butter, 2/5 of a 200g pack.
Melt over very gentle heat.

2, Adding in light unrefined muscavado cane sugar.

3. Adding in 75% of the pack.

4. Adding in boiling water.
    Upto 1/2 pint ( 235ml).

5. Mixed well.  Off fire. Let it cool.

6. Mixed these nuts & seeds:
Almonds & peanuts(crushed)
roasted sesame seeds,
poppy seeds,
cocoa nibs.
😄Sprinkle on cupcake cases.

Optional: use cocoa powder .
(& then on top of mixture later)

7. Using spoon to place the mixture onto cupcake cases. 😉
( I do not want to form balls with my fingers or hands.
 You might opt for auto-release ice-cream scoop)

8. Dusting the outside with a mix of
organic cocoa powder &
light muscovado unrefined cane sugar.

9. Pressed/shaped with the back of tea-spoons.

😄

It is vegetarian.
 Wheat-free.
The pack said gluten-free.

 The pack I bought contained :
Oats,
coconut flour,
whey protein concentrate (powder) from milk,
Chia seeds,
raw cocoa powder.
The pack was 270g but I used 75%.





No comments:

Post a Comment

( feedback welcomed )