2015-09-13

Laptop/notebook computer problems

Before I share my recent interesting outtings/photos,
I have to deal with some problems with my laptop.
Ok I try to calm down, try find out the cause & find solution.
Update:
Laptop computer HP ProBook---
1-- USB ports stopped working.
(it means, mouse, tablet/stylus, camera, phone,
USB finger drives, etc, can not be used with the laptop)

2-- Funny noise on the right hand side.

After 1.5 years & much effort searching and asking,
I switched off the bluetooth just over 10 days ago.
Good. No more funny noise.
Good. No more extra numerous bluetooth thingie in device manager.
Good. Some USB ports can at least be used to charge mobile phone/cell phone.
... I thought everything was fine.

Tonight, I notice battery issue:
Charger plugged in but battery not charging.
So I searched www.
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/USB-Ports-on-HP-Probook-4520s-don-t-work/td-p/575567

So there are people who have similar problems for some years.
I learnt from there the 3 USB ports are not the same.
"According to the Service Manual, the two ports on the left are incorporated into the motherboard, whereas the two problematic USB ports on the right are connected to the motherboard with a USB connector and a Base Cable Kit."

Actually I searched more and even tried to switched off the
USB save-battery auto-off option in power management.
Power setting & USB port/drives are related.

Still it is not reading USB drive or my phone,etc.

I searched & found this:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Notebook-PC-Questions/ProBook-4540s-not-charging/td-p/4635176

I followed the steps suggested there like,
uninstalling ACPI compliant control method battery,
unplugging charger, removing battery,
pressing power button, re-plug everything... 

And also the three steps to use HP support assistant to
do HP Battery Check.

Answer found:
Battery failure...  needs to be replaced.

  (T.T)

Well, at least now I know,

1-- I can try to replace battery.

2--  it is another reflection of the fact/ law
about the weakest link --
Laptop computers even from very good brandnames,
are as good as ... its weakest link.


Please bear with me.
After problems are solved one by one...
I shall share more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

( feedback welcomed )