2015-05-09

my meals with veg & fruits

Recent years more people are becoming health-conscious.
Meatless Monday, Green Monday, 5 a day, Healthy-eat, etc.
I am not a vegetarian yet.
But I do have more veg & fruits everyday. 









This is made by a local restaurant when I asked for mixed vegetable cook in water.
Not very imaginative.  Great if he can add peas, beans, etc.
I added a bit of ginger, spring union, sesame, pepper.





This cream colour mashy stuff is
organic houmous (from chickpea, cooked and seasoned)


More and more vegetable +fruit juices/smoothies are available on shelves.
Different brand names, even supermarkets' own labels.
I also like young coconut water/juice.
Preferably unsweetened and no additives.


This one below
I added taramasalata, spices and sesame oil.
Rarely do I use ready made salad dressing or sources.
I like variety of adding good
vinegar / salsa / curry / houmous / taramasalata / organic yogurt...
+ good spices,
+ good oil like coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, sesame oil...


Fruits, melons, vegetables, potatoes familes,
beans, peas, sprouts, nuts, seeds, seaweeds,
slow dried fruits,
 etc.

Eating these raw, "living food", 

we can enjoy the life force, the enzymes, many vitamins & minerals, etc.

Heating above 45 degree Celsius will destroy most of those!

I will try raw vegan when weather is warmer
and
ideally after I bought really powerful blender.

I gave my Vitamix to my sister/parents.

That is great for making fresh smoothies,
especially green smoothies and even banana icecream.

Wait till I settle down later this year or next,
 I shall buy one again.


(I eat lots of chocolate)  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

( feedback welcomed )